Monday, February 16, 2009

Can someone explain a couple of things to me?

First of all, why in the world do I need a textbook that I totally don't understand? It might as well be written in Greek for what I get out of it. And I'm not the only one at all. Our professor has to explain it all to us. Like, pretty much put it into English for us. If that is the case, then why have a textbook? It is driving me insane!

While I'm at it, how about explaining this one to me: according to my school system, federal law mandates that we not be allowed to access web-based email from school. Now, mind you, I have friends in other school system who apparently don't have this federal law affecting their internet access, but we do?! How is that?! And how do I get kicked off the internet---actually, have my internet disabled for 5 minutes because I've done some kind of illegal searching or something---when all I'm doing is looking for pictures for a timeline of George Washington's life, yet People.com and Eonline.com can be accessed at any time from school? What is so educational about that? How come some of the educational game sites out there are blocked, as are ANY site with the word weblog included in it, yet we can see celebrity news all we want? It drives me crazy!! I don't get it at. all!

Is there anything you need explained? Maybe we can help each other out!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow i don't know the answer to any of those questions...but i think it is silly about the education sites.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I get suspended from the internet at least twice a day. I'm never doing anything bad, maybe researching how to better explain prepositions or something...you know how naughty those are!! LOL

Unknown said...

Hehe sorry I can't help you except with the first- you need the book so the publishers get lots of $$ cuz no one would buy it otherwise.

Now here's what I want answered- why is the octo-nutjob getting so darned much attention and money?