Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy past few days...

...and then next ones look to be more of the same!

On Saturday afternoon, Chris' almost 84 year old grandmother had to be rushed to the ER with chest pains. Initially they thought it was a heart attack, then yesterday they said no, it is double pneumonia. Then today HER doctor said that he didn't see any pneumonia, but it might be an aneurysm or blood clot. They had her out of her room for tests for 6 hours today, so hopefully they got something in that time to see what is actually going on! Either way, it scared us to death, and I've been on pins and needles worrying not only about her but dad's upcoming surgery.

Both Isaac and I slept poorly last night. We ended up on separate couches watching Twister at 2 am! I'm sure that didn't help with my anxiousness either.

We went to see Mamaw after school this evening, and then went by to see my parents for a while. I'm finding myself being right on the verge of tears quite often....I know that it is fruitless for me to worry, but you know how that goes.....

So many people are lifting up prayers and giving us Spiritual support through prayer, it is truly amazing. Mom had a list of people who had called them over the past 24 hours on a notepad....people from all over the place. People that they went to school with, former church members, other preachers, friends....and then add to that all of mine and my sisters' families and friends...many, many prayers are going up. I am strengthened by that, and humbled as well. I know that I am very blessed to be surrounded by such love and support. I don't know how many people have told me to be sure to let them know how things go, both online and in real life. Even my principal asked me to call school and let them know.

I'm supposed to have class tomorrow evening, and I emailed my professor to let her know about surgery and she also said she's praying and that if I miss class, she will understand. That is a real blessing in itself, to know that if things are NOT going perfectly, that I can stay with my family where I want to be instead of worrying while driving to class.

Well, mountains of laundry don't wait or care what family emergencies are taking place. I better go climb 'em or else my husband is going to rebel, I fear.

I know the Lord is with me...He is also with you. Blessings upon us all tonight.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Been thinking of you...breathe easy and focus on your wonderful family and dad...