Monday, March 1, 2010

Excitement you'd rather do without!

Well, last week I went for marathon OB appointment #1. When I was being triaged, my blood pressure was WAAAY up, so they immediately sent me to a room to lay down on my left side to see if it came down. Thankfully, it did, but it bothered my doctor. So on he sent me to have an ultrasound done. The little booger wouldn't cooperate with what they wanted to see with that, so then I got to go on the fetal heart rate monitor for quite a while. Now, mind you, I was already supposed to be on my way to class at Emory, so that wasn't helping my disposition much! Finally I got out of there after about 2 hours. I also had to get a script for antibiotics because something showed up in my urine sample. He scheduled me for another appointment today instead of waiting the usual 2 weeks to keep an eye on my blood pressure.

So today's appointment was bright and early--7:10, to be exact. I thought surely that would mean that I would be in and out of there! Oh, but no--today's visit took 3 hours! LOL

I have to laugh about it or I'd cry. I ended up having to take 1/2 day off work, which I really didn't want to have to do, but such is life. I need to be thankful that I had 1/2 days to take, right?! I could have had to have taken it off without pay.

My blood pressure was better today, but he still wanted to monitor the baby. Ultrasound went GREAT, so I thought still maybe I'd get outta there kind of quickly. But he wanted to do a non-stress test, and I was there doing that FOR.EVER! I'm not sure exactly what he was looking for that the baby wasn't doing, but finally I had to go to the bathroom, and by some miracle he decided he wouldn't have them hook me back up or I still might be there! Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY appreciative that he is being so cautious. I just wasn't expecting it to take soooooo long! I have another appointment bright and early next Monday as well, so at least I will know what to expect.

I honestly went in today afraid that he was gonna tell me I needed to stop working, so I am very thankful that he didn't. I'm trying to just be positive about being able to work for another week, and go with the flow. Chris is being super supportive and is very encouraging about me just taking it easy after work. THAT is wonderful!

Add to it that I had a touch of a stomach bug on Friday and then Adam had it with a vengance Saturday evening/Sunday....and I'm a tired little mama! Poor guy was vomiting every 20-30 minutes for over 2 hours! And then he got sick several times after that, too. Now we just have to pray that Chris and Isaac don't get it, too!

Any prayers you can send my way, I'll definitely appreciate! God is good, and He is in control. It is only when I *think* I'm in control that I start getting frustrated, ya know?!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wow, what a roller coaster! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth(er) sailing. Hang in there!