Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ms. Akard

I couldn't think of anything to write about so I am using a blog prompt from here!

My favorite elementary school teacher was Ms. Kay Akard. Looking back, I loved all my teachers for different reasons, but Ms. Akard really did fun things. For instance, she had us write a play about kids sailing down the Amazon and we invited parents to come watch it. Another time, we paired up and acted out Aesop's Fables. She would give us 'E Cards' to use as a homework pass when we made a 100 on a test. She was just a COOL teacher. It didn't hurt that she was beautiful and fashionable as well! I hated to disappoint her, so that was always an incentive to do my best.

I don't know what happened to her....she was engaged and getting married soon after the end of my fourth grade year, and we moved that summer. Wherever you are Ms. Akard, you helped inspire me to become the teacher I am now!

No comments: