Saturday, August 29, 2009

Flashback Friday--Ghostbusters


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com






First, folks, so sorry that this is late going up! We overslept Friday morning, and then the boys had Parents' Night Out at TaeKwonDo last night, so I wasn't home much yesterday! Better late than never, right?!

Who can forget this iconic movie of the 80s?! I remember it well...I was in 6th grade when it came out. I remember that summer going to stay with my sister for a week where she was working as a Summer Youth Worker at a church and going to the children's choir week there at the church. I went to a water park for the first time that week, and one afternoon I stayed with a family from the church while Suzy worked. We were watching MTV (still didn't have this lovely in our house!) and the video came on for this song. The boy went on to describe the movie to me in great detail as only a child without much filling up his brain can do (or maybe it is just a boy thing? Cause my husband can still do it!) I did finally see the movie months later!



So, even thought I'm late with this, what are you remembering today? Are you taken back to this same time of year when you were younger? Or did you hear a song or think of a TV Show that took you back? Share it with us please!

No comments: