Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dad will have surgery Tuesday!

We finally got a date! We found out yesterday that he'll have the open heart surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm in the thoracic region. Dad is anxious now, understandably. I was thrilled yesterday to finally have a WHEN, but now the nervousness is sinking in. I'm trying to get things together so that I'll be 'ready' for Tuesday. I've contacted my professor to let her know why I may not be in class that night. My sisters and I are both taking the day off to stay with Mom. My student teacher will be assisted by a retired teacher as a substitute that day, so I'm sure things will be just fine!

Please pray for Dad, and for his surgeon to have steady hands!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Lots of prayers for your dad - I know he's anxious...but it is good that he is getting it done!

Mel said...

praying for your dad, family and the entire medical staff.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you finally got the date. Everything will be fine...sending up extra prayers.