Saturday, April 25, 2009

Very nearly had a panic attack at the Wal-Mart....

I really really REALLY dislike going there on the weekends. It is always crowded, and just walking in the door makes me tense. Somehow it also makes my children and husband act in ways that irritate the life out of me...is it the florescent lighting?? Anyway, I reminded Chris of how it affects me, and even told him as we were walking in that being a smart aleck with me was gonna do nothing but make me mad and make the trip miserable for him. I reminded the boys numerous times to please calm down and chill out, and to act nicely. Well, it all seemed to fall on deaf ears. Add to it that I kept thinking, "I've got to get home, I've got to get home, I've got to get home!" to my mountain of homework.
Chris also adds to the problem because he LOVES to just 'browse' there. I, on the other hand, hate most of it and just want to get what I want and get outta there.
So finally I told him that I was getting increasingly nervous and increasingly anxious to get back to work on my 'schtuff'.

So here you're thinking that he gets the message and hurries through the rest of the store.

WRONG!

We took our time strolling through the garden section, and the strolled on outside to pick up the potting soil we bought. By the time we got to the car I was almost in tears. He had wanted to stop by Lowe's as well, but thankfully had the sense to ask, and I refused.

If you KNOW that it makes your wife super nervous, why do you make it into a marathon episode?! I. don't. get. it!

1 comment:

PMKU said...

Oh girlfriend! Send him with a list of what you need and let him take the kids. :)

Stay home and finish whatever you want.