Friday, June 19, 2009

Flashback Friday--1, 2, 3


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com






This song popped in my head this morning while I was getting ready to come to class (yes, if you must know, I'm in class....I'm finished w/my project and am waiting to talk to my professor about it!) and thought about how hilarious it was the night I saw Gloria Estafan and Miami Sound Machine at the Riverbend Festival on the banks of the Tennessee River in Chattanooga, TN. In order to get a decent spot to sit, my dad dropped my mom and I off at the site and went to visit some church members who were hospitalized. He came back later and noted to himself that he had parked in the Provident Insurance parking lot.

The concert went well and we had a nice time...until it started POURING the rain afterward! We had little worries, though, cause we knew exactly where we were parked and could go straight to the car!

WRONG!!!

Little did we know that not only were there multiple Provident parking lots, but we also didn't consider how common our white Chevrolet Caprice Classic was--seemed like we'd see what we thought was our car in every lot! We were frustrated at first, but soon realized the rediculousness of our futile attempt to find the car and started laughing. It is now a family legend!

I remember hearing this song at that concert, and even bought a t-shirt to commemorate the event! My mom bought the single and played it for her Kindergarten class to help them learn their numbers, and they played it 'til it was completely unplayable!



What about you? Do you have any fantastic memories you'd like to share with us? Any tv show, commercial, song, etc. you'd like to tell us the story of your memory of it? C'mon, join in the fun! You know you wanna! Link yourself up with Mr Linky here so we can all see what you're remembering!

2 comments:

Judy said...

YAY! Great song - love me some Gloria!

PMKU said...

I know where is Gloria now? Happy FBF