Friday, June 26, 2009

Flashback Friday--Torture


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com






Who else could I honor on the day after Michael Jackson's death than MJ? It is hard to believe, and I am very saddened. I'm sad that he went out as a freak and a cartoon of himself instead of the talented artist he truly was. I had the pleasure of seeing him and his brothers in concert when I was 11 years old. It was the Victory Tour, and he was at the height of his popularity. My sisters actually camped out all night in order to get us tickets to the Neyland Stadium show. It was my first concert ever, but it is, of course, one that I'll always remember!

This song was from that tour....one of my faves from the Victory album (yes, I said album! LOL)




Rest in peace, King of Pop! Our prayers are with you and your family.

What are you remembering today? Please share! Don't forget to sign the Mr Linky, too!

2 comments:

PMKU said...

I'm remembering a silly song from child hood but I had the post ready before the news of MJs death. I know exactly what you mean. He was truly and Icon of the 80's and then some. I hope that people will be kind to his memory. He does have 3 children that he is leaving behind.

Judy said...

MJ defined our generation...it saddens me what he became later on, but the early years totally stand for and shaped everything about my growing-up years.

I, too, already had my post ready yesterday...he will, though, be truly missed.