Friday, May 22, 2009

Flashback Friday--Wild Wild West


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com






I particularly remember the line in this song..."Heading for the 90s, living in the wild, wild, west!" Oh, how long ago that seems, but at the same time it seems like yesterday! The 90s seemed like something so exotic and FINAL, as it was the decade in which I would graduate high school, which seemed like the pinnacle of life at the time. Little did I know it would also be when I graduated college and got married as well!

The specific memory that this song brings to mind is a service project that we did as a youth group when this song was big. We moved our associate pastor from one dwelling to the next one Saturday. I remember riding in our beloved '70 Chevy truck---in its gold, bench seat glory--and hearing this song on KZ106! Funny how such things just stick in your memory, isn't it?! I can even tell you who was in the truck with me!



I'm sorry I'm late with my flashback today. I'll share WHY I'm so late in another post later! Here's a teaser: its a new activity with the boys! What about you?? What is running through your head today, or what are you remembering fondly?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Ha! This was a GREAT song! I loved it!