Sunday, August 17, 2008

An Award! Someone loves me!



My friend Robin at Dixon Chicks Plus Bill... awarded this to me!
It's the Arte Y Pico award. This award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creativity, and for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium.
The rules state:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Please include a link to the Arte Y Pico blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.
You have to name 5 little known facts about yourself for the meme part of this award.

So for the 5 people I want to bestow this award upon:
1. Kristen at The Frugal Girl. Kristen has been an online friend for years, and has taken the food blog world by storm! I'm inspired by her in more ways than I can list!
2. Mary at The Incorrigible Night Owl. Again, Mary's been an online friend for years, and has been a blogger for quite some time too! It would be safe to say that she introduced me to blogging! And it also has to be noted that she has actually BEEN to Scott County, VA (and lived to tell about it!)
3. Melissa at Mel's World. I love reading Mel's posts, especially her Speak to Me Sundays!
4. Lisa at The Preacher's Wife. Lisa and I have discovered that we went to high school together! What a small world the internet has made!
5.Misty at Rainy Day in May. Misty is awesome!! She is very honest and funny!

Now, on to the 5 little known facts about myself. I'm one to tell everything, so there isn't much left to know!

1. I bite my fingernails. I try to stop, and do okay every once in a while, but honestly, that's my one vice and it could be much worse, ya know?
2. When on a tour in New York City, I saw Tom Brokaw walking down the hall at the NBC Studios. He acknowledged me with a nod.
3. I'm a freebie fiend!! I've found all sorts of good stuff out there for free!
4. My 7 year old's feet are as big as mine now. So I may just start borrowing his shoes.
5. We went and saw Clone Wars yesterday! It was pretty good!

OK, now for others to play along and pass on the award!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks Christi!! You are too kind.

And by the way, I love your blog's new look...nice and clean.

MaricrisG said...

Congratulations! Speech Speech!!!:)
Btw, Thanks a bunch for visiting my blog at Working Mother and leaving a comment. That was so nice of you. You made my day! mwah!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

You Go Girl!

Congrats to you on your award and special thanks for thinking of me as you pass it along!!! It's been so geat getting to know you!

xoxo,
Melissa in Mel's World