Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Friday! What is your flashback??


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com







I'm still flashing back to middle school....I guess that was about the time I 'discovered' music and dancing. This week I'm remembering You're a Friend of Mine by Clarence Clemons and Jackson Browne. I remember hearing this song for the first time at the Valentine's Day dance when I was in 7th grade. The dance had originally been scheduled for the actual Valentine's Day, and I wasn't going to be able to attend since my sister's wedding rehearsal and dinner was that night. But 13 inches of snow cancelled school and the dance that night, so it was rescheduled for the following week!

I don't remember the boys I danced with that night, but I remember this song coming on and dancing with one of my dearest friends, Amy. We danced and sang, and felt like the song was meant just for us. Even today, 22 years later, Amy is a very special and dear friend to me! And hearing this song warms my heart and reminds me that
Years may come and go
Here's one thing I know
All my life
You're a friend of mine


Amy, this one's for you, my forever friend, and friend forever!!



What are YOU remembering today? Do share!

6 comments:

Judy said...

I'll have mine up in the morning and link it then!

Misty said...

I LOVE Daria! I just added Daria Flair on my facebook...

Anonymous said...

Hi Christis, Just EC dropping, and thought I'd ask you if you'd like to join Christian Carders. Just starting up on my blog, a listing of Christians who use Entrecard. Take a peek and see if you'd like to join us!

Kimber said...

I played! Good meme Christi!

Robin said...

Ah, I remember that song too! Gollygee, I'm old!! :)

Saph said...

Oh wow! NKOTB! And that character Max from the commercials!! Wow! How different things were back then!