Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday!!

This promises to be an eventful day/weekend/etc! Here is what is going on:

First, you must know that I had caffeine too late last night and couldn't get to sleep even with the antihistamine that the lovely Dermatologist, who is my new best friend, prescribed. Then Isaac got up twice because the cat was on his bed and a nightmare about burglars. It was at least 2 before I got to sleep well. Adam was up before 6:30 messing with the TV/DirectTV, so that woke me up well before I wanted to be. Loveliness!!

Now, of course, I am still a very happy camper concerning the disappearance of the rash. It is continuing nicely! The itching is subsiding too! I never thought I'd be so thankful for my skin and it not itching, but I AM! Praise the Lord!

I am going to attempt to go work in my classroom today. Attempt is the key word here. For some reason, waxing the halls in the building was left until this week to complete. I don't understand the logic here, and I'm not sure there is one, so I suggest you not tax your brain pondering it. The initial email we got about this said that they would be finished yesterday, but teachers said that they have been met with many grumbles from the custodial and secretarial staff concerning us getting in the building today. Now, mind you, they could easily walk down a sidewalk, open one outside door, and I could enter the building and get to my classroom in a maximum of 8 steps in the hall. My hope is that they will take pity on me, given my recently rashy state, and do just this. I am not calling and asking beforehand, because that will not bring forth nearly as much sympathy as seeing me there in person will, esp. when I give the argument that I am kid-free today so I can get some work done. Wish me luck with this! If it doesn't work out, then I have a backup plan, but hopefully it WILL!

Concerning the kid-free status: Adam has wanted to have a 'play date' at my mom and dad's since going there last week while I had to go to the doctor. Isaac has wanted to go hang out at my sister's house with her kids for forever, so I have arranged these activities. At least if I don't get to work as I'd like my kids will be happy, right??

Tomorrow is my father-in-law's birthday party. This has been planned for months. I know when he was born he didn't realize that his birthday would fall on the last free weekend before school started. Just sayin'. If he had realized this, I'm sure he would have postponed it, being the great educator that he is, and I'm not even being sarcastic saying that, it is the truth. He truly is pedigreed, but that is another post for another day. I just wish that this party was not right. now. But it will be okay.

One more thing before my kids revolt on me....I have an awesomely awesome plan for a Friday meme, and a friend has even worked up an awesomely awesome graphic for it! It isn't totally ready yet, but be looking for it, cause it truly is going to be fantastic. Or at least I think it will. And I hope someone out there in internet land thinks so, too!

OK, off to move forward on this day! Hope you can make yours a good one, too!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You are so good for working on your classroom! I am boycotting it until the day that they pay us to be there. But, I'm not really a bulletin board person (I wish I was), so there's not much for me to do.

Jamie said...

I hope you have a great Friday Christi!!!



I tagged you over on my blog, you'll have to check it out!

Judy said...

Yeah, I don't understand that whole waxing at the last minute theory - our janitor follows the same rule at the preschool. He's had, what, 2 months to get it done and waited until this past week to do it? Wassupwidat?

Jenni said...

They always wax our halls right before school starts too and then give us the stink eye when we are trying to get in our rooms! Annoying!!!