Saturday, March 21, 2009

It looks like our dog won't be with us much longer...

please keep Sally and us in your prayers. She has a mass on one of her legs, she can't walk, and Chris had to take her to the emergency vet (read: huge bucks) last night. He brought her back to our vet today, and she thinks it is either cancer or Addison's disease. If she makes it through the weekend, we'll take her back there on Monday and say our goodbyes.

The boys don't have any concept of what is going on. They know she is sick, but that is the extent of it. I don't want this to be happening, esp. on top of the two church family funerals we've had in the past week and work being especially heinous right now w/Spring Fever running rampant.

If you'll remember us in your thoughts, we'd really appreciate it! She's been a member of the family since we were engaged--over 11 years.

2 comments:

artfuldelight said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pup. What breed is Sally? I am not sure what it is but I have heard of several other people in the last week have had to put their pups to sleep for various reasons. It is sad and I hope everything will be ok with Sally. I have a dog too and it breaks my heart to think of that day that I have to make a decision to put her to sleep or of her dying of old age. You are in my thoughts.

Christi S said...

Thank you....she's a Weimaraner mix. I have been on the brink of tears for 24 hours and am glad we've had the time with her we've had. She is happy to be home and laying on her pillow. I'm glad she isn't suffering, and pray that she doesn't.