Monday, September 8, 2008

Diet Day #1



Chris and I have taken the diet plunge! Both of us need to lose some weight. I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to do the South Beach Diet because though I haven't done the exact diet before, I have done one similar and had success. The Curves Diet is based on South Beach, and I lost about 10 lbs. without much trouble a couple of years ago. The first two weeks are the hardest because all sugar (well, most! :D) bread, pasta, and fruit are eliminated.

I was really proud of myself for NOT giving into temptation today! Twice I was presented with candy and didn't eat any! First, bags were placed in our boxes from a local realtor full of candy. Put it on my desk without opening. Second, I attended a workshop on Educational Law and the sweet friends of mine had candy on the table for us...and I didn't eat any! So yay, me on that!

I've had to go to the bathroom lots more today, and I can't really figure that out. I haven't drunk more, but have much more urgency to go! I may have to look this up on some of the South Beach message boards out there!

So wish me luck! I am not brave enough to put 'out there' how much I weigh, but I'd be happy to lose 10+ pounds. I really NEED to lose 20, but I'm trying for 10 first. Baby steps, right?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jen aka mommay said...

Good luck!!

I did the south beach a few years ago and had success with it. I couldn't stick to it last time I tried though which is why I"m trying WW. A lot of the first weight loss is water which is why you're peeing so much! lol

Anonymous said...

Baby steps is absolutely the way to go. I successfully used the GI diet a few years ago to lose 30 unwanted pounds. Need to lose 15 or so now that I'm doing breastfeeding littlest boy. And sugar is my big weakness - good job resisting!!

Unknown said...

Best of luck to you. I really like the concept and a lot of the SoBeach recipes. IT makes it a lot easier to follow a plan when the food is yummy.