Friday, September 12, 2008

When does a win not feel like one?

When you hear all about how a coach chewed out both of your nephews, and made one of them cry. Yeah, some kicks were missed, but nobody's perfect. We still won by 2 touchdowns. It isn't worth psyching out your kicker. And I've never seen someone give as much as L. does on the field.

I know I'm biased, but man...in some ways I pray my boys don't play football because of situations like this. It just stinks. Have some consideration, especially with kids you know are giving it their all.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Thats horrible!

Cindy said...

Doesn't sound like he's a very good children's coach. Hopefully your nephews will learn that some people just aren't happy no matter what and that doing their absolute best is enough!

Unknown said...

Ugh I hate people who think bullying is the way to inspire a team. Sorry your nephews had to suffer from that.

Karen and Gerard said...

Sounds like that coach is in the wrong age group. Our church is looking to have a sports ministry next year and I'm so excited about it! All coaches will be trained on how to coach the kids to see that everyone has a good time. We had two successful sports camps the last two summers for just a week each. A lot of kids from the neighborhood attended and some trusted in Jesus as their Savior through the devotional times.