Friday, September 11, 2009

Flashback Friday--Waterfalls


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com






Oh, this song was the ultimate cool back in the day! I loved TLC! This song was one of the first that I remember that addressed such social injustices as prostitution as a means of making money and about AIDS. Little did we know that TLC themselves would face problems such as domestic violence before Left Eyes early demise. The world lost a great woman when we lost her! No, she may not have made the best decisions, but we're all guilty of that.

The most distinct memory I have of this song is listening to it with my niece, who was in middle school at the time. We were such good friends at that time...I had just graduated from college and had moved home. We have so many great memories surrounding music!



So what about you? Do you have a memory you'd like to share with us today?! C'mon, it'll make this pregnant lady suffering today from nausea so happy!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Ha - I TOTALLY remember this song. TLC originated in Houston (and we lived there when they became Big Time). Good song.