Friday, July 11, 2008

I just wanted you to know.....

Ladies, I'm overwhelmed. I'm so full of amazement and so humbled, and it is all because of how another blog has touched me. My friend Robin had mentioned this blog to me in the past, but I hadn't gotten around to reading it. I had heard mention of this couple's story, but didn't realize that they 'were' the blog that she had mentioned.

I have made it through part of Bring the Rain, the story of Selah's Todd Smith, his wife Angie, and their family as they deal with the life, death, and legacy of Audrey Caroline, who was only in this world a few hours. This story is one of the most powerful and heart wrenching I have read. Ever.

The part that I just read was Angie's letter to Audrey after her birth and sadly, her death. I did something after reading this letter that I have only done one other time in my life. I hit the floor, and lay prostrate before the Lord as I cried out to Him. I asked for forgiveness and confessed things that He has long known. I told Him things that I have never been able to form into words. And I wept and thanked Him over and over for His unfailing grace, His redeeming love, and His unconditional forgiveness. Tears are still falling as I write this. I serve such a wonderful God, and I am so blessed, so proud, so overwhelmed at what He does.

After I got up off the floor, I kept hearing Him urging me to share it. Share what I felt, and how thankful I am that He is in my life. I don't feel like I do Him justice, but the truth is that words cannot describe Him. He is so much more than language or letters or symbols or anything we have in this word to express Him.

And I just wanted you to know that.

Even if no one reads this, sees this, cares about this, whatever! I just wanted to give Him my praise for my blessed, blessed life. Thank you seems so inadequate, Lord, but that is what I can say. Thank you, Lord, with all that is in within me!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love you. Thank you for being real.

Anonymous said...

found you at Angie's blog, great post

Liza on Maui said...

Oh .. lying protrate on the floor .. is one of the truest act of worship. I think we should all do it more often. This reminded me of Matt Redman's song: Facedown.

I love, love this post. Thank you for sharing this and blessing us.

I also love Bring The Rain. I am humbled and blessed every time I visit it.