Friday, January 2, 2009

Flashback Friday--Jack and Diane


http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com







Happy Friday, ya'll! How are you? Recovered from your hangover?! I attended two awesome virtual parties via twitter over New Year's, actually 3! First we had #lameNYE, and that morphed into #nyetwarty, and then the next day we partied on #happy09! It was fun! If you haven't ever joined in on a twitter party, I highly recommend it! There are several ways to do so....such as www.tweetchat.com and www.search.twitter.com. Then enter the hashtag you're looking for, and all the tweets containing that show up!

Anyway, on to the flashback! I usually have a song running through my head but I didn't this morning. So I went to my trusty iTunes playlist to see if anything sparked a memory. Nothing really came up, but I did stumble upon one of my favorite songs of all time: Jack and Diane! It doesn't really bring back any concrete individual memories, but I absolutely love the line,"Hold on to 16 as long as you can/Changes come 'round real soon/Make us women and men".

How absolutely true is that?! Though I'd change it to 13 or 21 or something cause I didn't so much enjoy the 16 year, but that is beside the point! So here it is, the very cool video of John Mellencamp (though he was still John Cougar at the time this came out!) at his best in "Jack and Diane"!



Now it is your turn! What is "takin' you back to the old school" today?! C'mon, you know you wanna join in!! After you make your post, link us up here on Mr. Linky so we can come see!

5 comments:

PMKU said...

oh yes a little ditty bout Jack and Diane. How cool are you? I haven't heard this one in a long time. Great Flashback!

ParentingPink said...

Great song! Takes me back...LOL.

Thanks for your South Beach support ;-) It's tough, but I think I can do it! LOL

I am up here in Fairfax, VA (just outside DC) so we are on opposite corners of VA, but I am originally from Va. Beach & my parents still live there.

Judy said...

I just LOVE JCM! Great song!

Mom said...

Ok Jack and Diane was one of my favs but I also love Come on Eileen! HAppy 2009

Mel said...

I now have the song stuck in my head!!! Great flashback