Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I must be doing something right...

cause ever since I posted the last entry on my blog, the Devil has been on my back!! The past few days have been very hectic and stressful. I know he (the Devil) can't stand that I am focusing on the Lord and letting go of things out of my control, so he's doing everything he can to thwart my efforts! But he's not gonna get me down! I'm going to continue to fight every step of the way and keep my EYES ON THE PRIZE!!

I found out that I am going to have a student teacher starting next week! I think it will be interesting, but I'm nervous!! I'm SO not an example to follow about organization! LOL But on the flip side, part of the reason I don't have a neat and organized work space is because I'm too busy teaching to sit down and straighten up. So maybe that is the good part that gets across! (At least I hope so!) The good thing is, I've known this girl for years! She was in our youth group, so she knows how I am...I can't decide if that is a good or bad thing, though!

So what about you, if there are any readers still out there?? How are YOU? Winter wearing you down, or are you just doing peachy? I'm sorry that I haven't been blog hopping regularly lately. These two classes are tres demanding, in addition to just LIFE, ya know?!

We will find out Thursday when Daddy's surgery will be scheduled. And next weekend, I'm off to BLISSDOM! Woo hooo! Of course the 'Mama Guilt' has already started...that I shouldn't be going, how will they do without me, etc. etc. etc. My mom and my husband have both been quick to 'straighten me out' and remind me that it will all be okay, and that it IS okay for me to go relax and enjoy something just for ME. Mom reassured me that even if Dad has surgery next week, that I need to still go, cause he'll be well cared for in the hospital and they'll need me more after he gets home.

And get this.....Chris told his mom (who I worry about thinking I'm awful for going away for the weekend) that I was going to a conference, but didn't specify what KIND of conference! hee hee I know, I know, I guess it is lying by omission, but does it really hurt anything for her to think that I'm going to something work related?!

Have a great week, ya'll!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I'm still here - just cold and too busy to do more than read up on everyone in my feedreader. But, I am checking on you and your dad - keep us posted!

MaricrisG said...

It is just to make you stronger and firmer. Be strong! :)

Mel said...

i am green with envy :) that you are going to Blissdom!!! Enjoy

and i hope your student teacher makes life less hectic!!