Saturday, January 24, 2009

God is so awesome!

I know that you know that, but I have just been so BLESSED by him this week. I have gotten to actually talk to someone with whom things have been strained for years. I am dealing with some things that really could be upsetting me, but He has shown me how non-productive that is. I can feel His transformation in me each day, and I am so filled with His peace!! I am just so glad that I can trust in Him and know that no matter what is stressing me out, He's handled worse. No matter who I'm worried about, He loves them even more than I do, and wants the best for them. I'm just looking to Him for guidance, and of course, He's right there where He's always been...just waiting for ME to come to Him.

Dad finds out next Thursday when he will be having the open heart surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm in the thoracic region. Part of me is nervous about it, but at the same time, I'm filled with a calm that can only be from Him. I know that God will take care of Dad. It feel so good to trust in Him, why in the world do we ever take things on ourselves and worry??

I'm also realizing some things that have distracted me not only from my relationship with God, but also from actually being PRESENT with my family. I'm returning my focus where it belongs, and it feels so good! I feel like I'm internally running and skipping around the Alps like Maria in Sound of Music! I don't know how else to describe it!! And the calm....like a totally still body of water. Like glass. Maybe a whisper of a gentle breeze, but not enough to disturb the surface of the water.

I just love it. What many blessings I have! Even those adversities that I might face....they're certainly do-able, as long as I have my Christ, and my family and friends. I truly CAN do ANYTHING because He makes me strong!!