Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Aunt Billie

My mom called me here at my inlaws house a while ago. In our family, if you are called while you are out of town, it usually isn't good news, and it wasn't. My Great-Aunt Billie had a massive stroke yesterday. She is in the hospital but will be going to her daughter's house tomorrow. Mom and Dad are going to see her tomorrow.

It makes it so much harder when you're away from home and get difficult news. She, my aunt, knows people and is able to respond, so that is good, but it is probably only a matter of time. She is in her 90s, so she has lived a good life. But it will be the end of an era when she passes away. That is the end of a generation in both my parents' families. She will be the last of their aunts, uncle, and parents to die. And that is hard on my Daddy, which in turn, is hard on me. Mom told me that he cried when he talked to his cousin this evening.

Please say prayers for my Aunt Billie and our family! She is a beautiful, beautiful woman and I love her dearly!

2 comments:

Cylithria Dubois said...

oh ChristiS I am sorry to hear this hun. I'll be keeping your Great Aunt in my heart and close in my thoughts, as well as the rest of your family.

Cylithria Dork Bloggers Admin

Misty said...

I am so sorry to hear about your great aunt. How sad. I will definatly send prayers out!