Monday, March 31, 2008

LOVE

I went to Aunt Billie's funeral tonight. The church was full, which is pretty amazing for a 93 year old! Tells ya how many lives she influenced. The theme throughout the funeral, though it wasn't really planned, was love and laughter.

I need to remember that love and laughter are what lasts. That is what people remember when loved ones are gone....are the love and the laughter.

Speaking of laughter, my sister Suzy and I were having some good ones on the way there and back! She was looking for the church and was looking past the car in front of her, and the car in front of her was braking and she wasn't seeing it, so I started yelling,"Wait! Wait!" Which did the trick, she didn't rear-end the car in front of us, but what in the world was I telling her to wait for?! We got a big kick out of that!

Then on the way home we were talking about a cousin of ours that is mentally disabled (which I didn't even realize he was! I thought he was just very quiet!) and when Suzy was explaining the situation to me, she started whispering! So I said, "Suz, why are you whispering, no one else is in the car!!" So we had another good laugh over that!

OK, it is after midnight, so I didn't officially get a Sunday blog in but we'll pretend, okay? Cause I've stayed up entirely too late looking for an interactive lesson for me to use with my students for EVERY DAY of the week, cause I have a new SMARTboard that I am dying to use!! I am psyched about that thing, let me tell ya!!

So I'm off to bed....which is not even really later than I have gotten to sleep this week with the stinkin' insomnia, so at least I got something productive done, right?!

2 comments:

Mom said...

My MIL whispers too, It kills me every time!

Jamie said...

I'm glad you and your sister were able to have a good time on your way there and back. And you're right, love and laughter, two of the most important things in life!!!!