Monday, January 14, 2008

Ahhhhh.......

we had a blissfully BORING day at school today! Didn't know how nice those were til they disappeared there for a while!

Do you ever, when faced with a controversial subject or after having had some conversations about controversial issues, just get so tired that you can barely keep your eyes open? Or am I alone in this coping mechanism? I discussed some 'issues' concerning our church with my mom for about 30 minutes, and then discussed the same issues with my sister for 30 more minutes, and I am WORN OUT! I am physically drained!

And being that the situation is in the Lord's hands, we all need to stop rehashing things and go to Him in prayer. We need to trust that He has the situation in control and that in His time, changes will come. There is no MAJOR problem, but it is affecting my parents big time...things aren't being done the 'Methodist' way, and it is driving them bonkers. And because it is bothering them so, it bothers us, too. However, my goal right now is to pray instead of complaining and judging. I need to go to the Bible and to the Lord in prayer, and let God do what He does best!

Reminds me very much of the Serenity Prayer:
God, Grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Sorry if this seems vague and sketchy. I don't really want to go into more detail because a)I've already rehashed it for an hour and my eyelids keep wanting to close even thinking about it again and b)it is so...unexplainable, that when I try to explain it to someone outside my family, it doesn't make much sense. Does that make sense? Probably not, but thanks for reading anyway!

This first blinky is in honor of those of you that commented on my last post! LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tarasview said...

yep, talking about controversial issues wipes me out too. I'm a pastor's wife and I find myself exhausted a LOT!

Christy said...

Hope you get some rest!

I just wanted to follow up on the giveaway and make sure you wre able to get your prize and the designer didn't back out or anything!

Rachel said...

Love the blinkies, I hope you perk up a bit... *hugs* Church sometimes isn't the spiritual pick me up we need.