Monday, July 6, 2009

Blog Hop: A favorite photo



Howdy, blog hoppers! For this week's hop, I chose to share a picture of my entire family last summer when we went on a cruise to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. It was definitely a trip of a lifetime! I adore my family and am so glad that we all got to be together on this trip. As my nieces and nephews get older and go to college and out on their own, I will look back at this time and remember how much fun we had!

I am very blessed in that we all live in the same town. As a United Methodist preacher's family, it is rare that the entire family settle one place. First, my oldest sister married her high school sweetheart and stayed here. Then my other sister fell in love with one of my brother-in-law's best friends, and they married and settled here as well. I joked from that point on about finding me a good Scott County boy....and I did! My husband was actually in my mom's Kindergarten class years ago! We are very blessed!

Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see ya'll again soon! Don't be a stranger!

MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

Mel said...

that is a fabulous picture and how very awesome y'all are all in the same area!!!!!!!!

Moms On The Go said...

Great photo, makes me think we need family photos:)

Happy Hopping!

Cascia Talbert said...

That is a beautiful photo! By the way what is this blog hop meme anyway? Can you link to any article on your blog? Do you have to add McLinky to your site? Is McLinky better than Mr. Linky? Sorry about all my questions! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Taylor said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment! I love meeting new people in the blog world!

And that is a great picture! I would love to be able to take a whole family cruise!

eve @ confessions of a Housewife said...

what a sweet picture and memory!

Just hopping on by from number 29!

Kate said...

Ahh, the great days of blog hopping!

Unknown said...

You are right! The pictures of everyone together won't be happening in the future cause as kids grow up and move away it is harder to all get together. I love the photos of all of my family together. It seems now that the only time we get group pictures is at weddings and funerals..prej