Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Three Things You Don't Know About Me

I decided earlier that I was gonna do the blog hop from my other blog, but now I wanna do it here, too! LOL Is that cheating?! So now if you go to both, you'll know 6 things you didn't know about me!

OK. Here goes.

1. My mom taught my husband in Kindergarten. We both moved away from the area, then were set up on a blind date by 2 of my friends--his aunt and cousin. We went on our first date in August, and were engaged on November 17! Hey, when you know you've got a good thing, why waste time?! We were married the following July. Here we are, 11 years and 2 kids later!!

2. My sisters and I all graduated from high schools in different states. Yes, trivial, but I'm stretching here! Since our dad was a United Methodist minister, we moved as needed. Brenda graduated in Virginia (where we all three live now), Suzy graduated in Tennessee, and I graduated in Georgia.

3. My mom and I were on a plane once with Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor! We were on our way back home from visiting my grandmother in Florida, and for some reason she rode in to Charlotte (I think!) on our little puddle jumper plane! I didn't have the nerve to go try to get her autograph, which I would have been able to get away with at 8 years old in the early 80s, and I've always wished I had.

OK, so now you know these things about me....don't you wanna leave a comment about one of them?!

MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

Mel said...

very cool facts!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Visiting from the Blog Hop!

I dont think I would recognize Sandra Day O'Connor if I were standing right next to her! :)

Josie said...

How fun to get to know you! I am your newest follower- come by and check out my blog! http://raisingbabycheap.blogspot.com

Night Owl Mama said...

wow your mom taught your dd in kindergarden that is too cool.

You bet you could of gotten away with asking for that autograph

blogg hopping love your blog too cute

PMKU said...

Can't believe #1 that is pretty cool.

Stacie said...

LOL I had to chuckle that your mom taught your husband in Kindergarten. I bet she has some stories.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

We have some similarities :o)

...your mom taught your husband in kindergarten...that is awesome! :o) not similar in that my mom did not teach my hubby, but...met my hubby in Nov, he went home on leave to Hawaii for Christmas, and came back with a ring! to which my dad had me give it back! I just turned 17. (....& here we are married 27+ wonderful years and 3 beautiful grown kiddies later...

...growing up in a military family & married to a military man... I've been in so many different schools, and so have our three. (We loved it, but it would be fun also to have grown up with friends throughout the school age years.)

...ok, no similarities here to traveling with Sandra Day O'Connor.... that is neat ;o)