Sunday, July 12, 2009

How ya doin'?

Whaddaya think about the new look? I am loving it! It feels cleaner to me...and easier to see!

I haven't done a general 'wassup!' update in a while! Nothing too exceptionally exciting is going on around here, and that is WONDERFUL! It is GREAT to just get to hang around the house doing chores and playing with the boys and just BEING. I've had time to get in much more reading and Bible study, and doing more blogging focused on reviews and Bible studies, plus contributing 2 articles a week at Sited and Blogged. I have also started taking part in a FANTASTIC ministry based through Twitter called World Prayer. I get to be the moderator to re-send prayer requests sent through @worldprayr for at least 2 hours a week. This is a dynamic ministry that is still in its grassroots stages, and if you'd like to join in, just let me know, and I'll get you more info!

I am loving having a break from classes, though I keep dreaming that I'm supposed to be going to Emory and I'm not! LOL In my last class, I did get the opportunity to make some plans for working with kids other than first graders, so that has helped me get ready for my new position. I really need to go into the schools, but I've been putting it off--I'm just enjoying spending time with my boys and spending time at home!

Chris has built some shelving in the basement to store stuff, and has gotten lots of junk cleared out! That has been such a big help! This week he and Isaac are gonna take a camping trip all by themselves in a tent! I'm excited for them but Adam and I will miss them!

All three guys are loving their TaeKwonDo classes! They all did wonderfully on their rank test and have moved up to the yellow belt level. Isaac is REALLY into it, and got mad when he realized that his dad went on Thursday and he didn't! Both boys are missing their friends, so going to classes and going to some day camps over the next couple of weeks will help out with that, I'm sure.

And guess what Saturday is?! Mine and Chris' 11th anniversary! 11 years ago on the 18th, I married my best friend. I am so thankful that God led us to each other! WE are very blessed. We've already got a baby sitter (my niece) and we're planning on going out by ourselves and at the very least getting a meal together!

So there is what's going on around here....it is blissfully boring! I'm so glad that we have this time to recharge our batteries and get some time to relax and enjoy each other!

1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Very nice blog design.
And a happy anniversary! ( I am so behind in reading the blogs that I follow, so better say this now, cuz it may take me a while to catch up :o)