Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New FIRST review--and I LOVE this book!



The book is Blue Like Playdough by Tricia Goyer, and it is soooo good! It isn't very long, but I have related to what she is saying in such a powerful way. I just have to share a couple of things from the book with you, and please go read the tour review as well! I promise you won't be disappointed!

This quote is SOOO me! I think I'll copy this and hand it out to people, esp. those who shall remain nameless that talk about how dirty my house is.

It's been said that a messy house is evidence of a messy heart, but it was just the opposite for me. The more I got my heart in order, the more God urged me to move beyond my safe, happy little world...The more I served God and saw Him working in lives, the less concerned I was about a dust-free existence or with how others saw me. I didn't need to impress anyone else because deep down I felt God's approval....I've come to realize that those things (referring to the house being neat) don't matter as much as people--whether it be the people in my house or those in my community and my world. Like my friend Twyla says,"You fight dirt your whole life and then they bury you in it."


Amen and Amen!!

1 comment:

Suget said...

awesome... i will read this and get back to you on my thoughts =] have a great week.